February is the month of love, and part of loving others is loving, caring, and respecting yourself. Here are 8 Boosting Holistic Heart Health tips.
- Move your body- Our bodies are made to move, so give it what it wants.
- Eat heart-healthy foods- Less processed foods and more whole and natural foods.
- Take care of your health conditions-If you live with health issues such as diabetes, take good care of your body.
- Reduce your inflammation- Science is showing us over and over again that inflammation is a killer. It’s also just generally a pain to deal with on a regular basis. (trust me I know all about inflammation, and it sucks)
- Take heart health boosting supplements- There are a number of vitamins and minerals that are really healthy and healing for the heart. These include fish oils (for omega-3 fatty acids), vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin E. I love my liquid vitamin, hit me up if you want my opinion on the best vitamin on the market.
- Reduce your stress level- It’s no secret that stress can raise your blood pressure. Stress can also increase inflammation and cause you to make lifestyle choices that harm your body and heart.
- Develop a meditation practice.- Mindfulness is an excellent way to calm the body and the mind.
- Practice love toward yourself- Heart issues stem from lifestyle choices that come into play because we are stressed, overwhelmed, and frustrated with life. Take time to center your soul and get right with yourself.