I was wrong! In fact looking back I see a woman with very little confidence, low energy, no sex drive, stressed out and frustrated all the time. The old Karissa had no willpower. Yep, that Karissa was definitely on the struggle bus. About halfway through our tour in Germany, I had an Aha moment. At the age of 25 I was told by a doctor that for my height and weight I was considered Obese. (5’ and 207lbs)
WHAT? HELL NO!!! WOW!!! This Doctor just told me that I was overweight and that I should be concerned about my health. At first, I was pissed off and furious at her. But then I came to realize that she was right, and then I was pissed off at myself.
My weight loss transformation has not been easy, but I am here to tell you that anything is possible. I can tell you that for the last 8 years I have had to HUSTLE every day for the body I now have. The countless hours in the gym and in the kitchen have paid off. I now live a life full of Self-love, Habits, Confidence, Focus, Health, Passion, Hustle, Faith, Belief, Success, Happiness, Clarity and Honor. I have never been so happy in my life than I am today!!
So, what do/did I do differently between the 2 pictures?
- I rediscovered my love for movement by getting back into the gym 4-6 times per week. (Confession: I am a gym Junkie)
- I read up on what “healthy and clean” foods actually are.
- I no longer accept laziness or excuses for myself.
- I surround myself with positive forward thinking people.
- I have a support system (husband, great friends, mentor, coach, and nutritionist)
- Food Prep and eat clean
- I have created an unstoppable MINDSET with a strong Vision for myself.
- I develop GOALS.
To put it directly I raised my STANDARDS, and I decided to HUSTLE for what I wanted in Life.