Did you know that 90% of our Serotonin is created in our digestive track? Yep, totally true.
A lot of people believe that it is created in the brain. It does but is all starts in the gut. So, in order to have more happier days vs. blah or down days take a look at your current lifestyle habits and behaviors.
Here are some simple things you can do to increase your serotonin levels.
- Cut back on processed foods, surgery treats and drinks and increase your fruits and vegetable. (eat the rainbow)
- Increase your daily water intake. (tip: drink half your bodyweight in oz.)
- Regular exercise and movement can have natural antidepressant affects. Try moving your body for 30 minutes every day.
- Sunshine and light therapy is a common remedy for depression and helps raise serotonin levels.
- Positivity, having a positive outlook and mindset on life can help boost serotonin levels.
- Increase gut bacteria, eating a high fiber diet to fuel healthy gut bacteria. You can also supplement with probiotics.
Earlier I said that the items above were simple and they are…. the hard part is holding yourself accountable and being consistent to those lifestyle changes. I want to tell you that when it comes to changing lifestyle habits you don’t have to try and do everything alone. As a Life and Health Coach I work with people who struggle with balancing their life, career, and health. Together we find flow so that they can live life to the fullest. Working with a Life and Health Coach can ignite the passion and inspire the action within. My favorite quote to say to clients is” Small hinges swing big doors and little changes can make all the difference in living a healthier and happier life.”
One final thought if you don’t take care of your body now you will end up paying for it later. Schedule your no obligation discovery call today. I would love to help you get to a place of balance, flow, and happiness.